About Denys Cope, RN, BSN, MSS
Denys (pronounced De-knee) Cope is a Registered Nurse, End-of-Life Coach and Educator, Healthcare Consultant, and Counselor, specializing in the dying process, eldercare, and end-of-life issues. As a hospice nurse for over 20 years, she has been involved with a great many people during their last days, and is known for her compassion and strength in guiding the dying and their loved ones through what most people believe is the last, most difficult experience of life. She believes that the dying process is the last, most important event in our life, and offers lectures and workshops to raise awareness of this extraordinary process, as well as other related topics.
She is the award winning author of Dying: A Natural Passage, winner of the 2008 New Mexico Book Award (self-help category).
Over 40 years of nursing experience
- Home health
- Behavior Health
- Acute care
- New Mexico Nurses Association
- Texas & New Mexico Hospice Organization
- Santa Fe Doorways-an end-of-life care coalition
- Santa Fe Health Care Network
- New Mexico Book Association
- National Council of Hospice and Palliative Professionals